- 455,669 hits
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty. – Ronald Reagan
If you’re feeling philanthropic:
Disclaimer:This web page is not endorsed/funded/backed (even on the down-low) by anyone. Statements contained herein are not intended in any way to express an endorsement by a single other person on the entire planet other than the author of the post. No relationship is formed between this website and anyone else. All information contained within this site is for entertainment only and may be inaccurate. If I was drunk when I posted it I can almost guarantee that it’s inaccurate, or at least misspelled. Use at your own risk and for God's sake be prepared as the Zombies are coming.
Blind obedience to bad leadership is not patriotism, it is reinforcing corruption. – UnknownNext U.S. Presidential ElectionNovember 8th, 201616 months to go.
Originally posted on THE SWEDEN REPORT:
This is the last post on this blog. I am leaving Sweden for good shortly, and will no longer be following its descent from what was once the third most prosperous country in the world. Frankly, it’s just too damn depressing.
I was born and raised in Sweden, which leaves a cultural mark even though I moved to USA in the 1990s and have spent the better part of my adult life as an American. Coming back for a few years has been a shocking experience.
When I was a child, Sweden was a dull yet very safe place to live. Yes, there was a heavy blanket of socialism and collectivist values covering everything, but there was a core of pragmatism beneath the redness. The intention and goal was always to benefit the citizens, even though they went about things in a backwards manner.
Prime minister Löfven
Today, it’s as…
View original 1,358 more words
Memorial Day Order
*General Orders No. 11, Grand Army of the Republic Headquarters.
I. The 30th day of May, 1868, is designated for the purpose of strewing with flowers, or otherwise decorating the graves of comrades who died in defense of their country during the late rebellion, and whose bodies now lie in almost every city, village and hamlet churchyard in the land. In this observance no form or ceremony is prescribed, but Posts and comrades will, in their own way arrange such fitting services and testimonials of respect as circumstances may permit.
We are organized, Comrades, as our regulations tell us, for the purpose among other things, “of preserving and strengthening those kind and fraternal feelings which have bound together the soldiers sailors and marines, who united to suppress the late rebellion.” What can aid more to assure this result than by cherishing tenderly the memory of our heroic dead? We should guard their graves with sacred vigilance. All that the consecrated wealth and taste of the nation can add to their adornment and security, is but a fitting tribute to the memory of her slain defenders. Let pleasant paths invite the coming and going of reverent visitors and fond mourners. Let no neglect, no ravages of time, testify to the present or to the coming generations that we have forgotten as a people the cost of a free and undivided republic.
Let us, then, at the time appointed, gather around their sacred remains, and garland the passionless mounds above them with choicest flowers of springtime; let us raise above them the dear old flag they saved; let us in this solemn presence renew our pledge to aid and assist those whom they have left among us a sacred charge upon the Nation’s gratitude—the soldier’s and sailor’s widow and orphan.
II. It is the purpose of the Commander in Chief to inaugurate this observance with the hope that it will be kept up from year to year, while a survivor of the war remains to honor the memory of his departed comrades. He earnestly desires the public press to call attention to this Order, and lend its friendly aid in bringing it to the notice of comrades in all parts of the country in time for simultaneous compliance therewith.
III. Department commanders will use every effort to make this Order effective.
By Command of:
John A. Logan
Commander in Chief
Who is insane enough to live here? They better be well armed.
Last weeks coordination of The HPBH Queen Zoe, “All hail the Queen“, lead me to realize that we must of course have a court. I offer the following Barkeep Princesses for her consideration:
Fake name? Frak you you petty vindictive cowardly facebook flag monkeys. Now I’m stuck with 60 days of jacking around with fackbook to keep The Pissed Off Tree Rat account alive and well in that social media forum. You got a beef with The POTR then post it, pin it, IM it or whatever. I can take it. Post it to my web site if you’re feeling froggy. I’m the Admin here and I don’t censor comments just because you are a raging tool so don’t be a cowardly byatch and nut up if you got a problem!
“About damn time POTR!” the internet declares.
I hear you all proclaiming loud and proud. Why thank you. I knew you all had my back.
“So why now? Have you had enough of this contrived DNC/RNC monopoly on our unelected political hack’s Gerrymandered system?”
Possibly my dear friends, but not entirely. I have a far more stimulating desire for forming my own political party.
“Well then out with it man! We must know of this immediately.”
I’m thinking of forming my own political party now because I have thought up the best fraking name ever.
“HUH. That’s a bit weak don’t you think?”
Shit no. I’m naming it ‘The After Party’.
Think about it……………. Works on a couple levels.
“Well I’m sober now so you may have to explain it. The POTR’s ideas usually only make sense when we are all drunk.”
True, true dat. But really this is a sober idea. So think about this:
1. The After Party comes “after” the DNC/RNC. Makes perfect sense there.
2. We can call it “TAP” for short. As in, playing taps to the other political wonks.
3. I’ll have plenty of Libertarian support so clearly “party” applies.
4. Everyone always says “The DNC” or “The RNC” so we’ll be save folks tons of time by just putting “the” in the name to begin with. See how we think of the little people in TAP. It’s that subliminal shit that keeps people in line.
5. Millennials will always go for attending The After Party so we’re catching the young voters even if the have no idea who we are. They won’t care anyway.
6. The Gen X crowd is always pissed they never got to go to The After Party so we’ll offer babysitting at all our rallies, comp them three free drinks and offer an Uber ride home. Score we got them clean and clear with that!
7. When we debate with DNC/RNC candidates we demand a three drink minimum consumption before starting the taking of the questions nonsense. Let the people see what the DNC/RNC stooges “really” mean when they are loosed up a bit with the liquor talking. Our TAP candidates are proficient drunken yarn tellers and the masses will demand even more air time. Ah man I could go on and on. I’m loving this idea. We need a TAP logo. Anyone know who did that new Hillary Campaign logo by the way? I don’t want to hire that clown who did the crossover between a hospital and bus stop sign for her at all though. It suuuucked. Really it’s pretty lame. I just know after he did that work for her campaign I’m sure as shit he’s a guy who really needs to join TAP. I know you do to.
Are you ready for change/progress/taking back/supporting (insert random cause here)/saving the (insert cute animal name here)/stopping (insert random bad crap here)? Then TAP is the place for you my brothers and sisters.
Don’t delay. Join my…. I mean….. The After Party cause now.